Thursday 20 May 2010

Watercolor problems

I have been thinking about watercolour for quite some time now. I Had an idea that I wished to get down on paper. Now it´s done, and it didn´t turn out the way I wanted it to.
When I draw I mostly achieve what I wish, sometimes it takes me more than one try and sometimes it´s just in the box at once.
But this with watercolor... No way near the box and very uncontrollable. I end this evening with the thought that it has to do with my attacking point. Isn´t it all about finding an angle that suits me (and ofcourse practise), or can it be: I can´t paint with watercolor?
I won´t give up that easy. Tomorrow I´m back on again.

2 comments:

nathalie et cetera said...

i find watercolor to be very difficult to do. and there are so many different techniques one can use. but i'm sure you will overcome your problem. As you mentioned, practice is probably the keyword.
Love the flowers!

Leenie said...

Ah, watercolor--the medium I love to hate. I went to it when oil paint and children mixed too well. Now it is a monkey on my back--pushing me to try, blessing me with beauty and the next time silding into mud and disaster. At least paper is cheaper than canvas. Hope to see the end result when I come back.