Wednesday 18 February 2009

How I work, 2

-------------------
I have this little butterfly that I would like to use in a pattern. It´s digital and I´m working in photoshop
----------------------------
There is this clever little tool called offset that works in the same way as my post-it system, it repeats the image.

--------------------------
Before I go to the offset tool I go to Image size and finds out how many pixels my image is. This one is 8o so I take half of that, 40 that is, and writes it in the tool box.

------------------------
Now the image wraps around itselfs and looks like this.

-----------------------------
then I open a new, bigger document, and I just drag my image into that one and it´s possible to see exactly how it would repeat itself!

-------------------------------
and then: trial and error, trial and error...

8 comments:

Esti said...

and what are you planning to do with it? or are you just practising?

Veja cecilia said...

I´m planning to use it in my poster project, just havn´t got the right idea about it yet!

●• Thereza said...

looks excellent! :)

Anne said...

Hurra för fjärilar som kommer i full trupp! Det blir vår i år med :)

Evie said...

wow very cool! thanks for sharing. I never knew about that tool!!

Veja cecilia said...

Tiny red: I´m out in the dark here, perhaps this will work, perhaps not!
Anne: ja det blir år, men den blir bajsbrun:)
Handmade romance: It´s a very usefull tool. I use it with very complicated drawings and it´s perfect to get the pattern so fast!

Veja cecilia said...

Anne: jag menade vår inte år!

annapernilla said...

tack för den genomgången av offset, det var ett tag sedan jag själv använde mej av den funktionen...