Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Monday, 28 March 2011
Thursday, 24 March 2011
Monday, 21 March 2011
Sunday, 20 March 2011
Thursday, 17 March 2011
Wednesday, 16 March 2011
Yesterday some new books arrived and tonight I will dive into them. Books are a big inspiration for me and there is nothing better than opening a new one for the first time.
Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Friday, 11 March 2011
Thursday, 10 March 2011
Wednesday, 9 March 2011
Christin will move in with me and Karin until we are leaving and then we are all off to new adventures!
Monday, 7 March 2011
I started it over a year ago, and it´s a comission work. I thought I would get done in a cuple of months or so and I thought it would be part of a triptyk with Elvis, marilyn and Michael. Now, one year later, it´s something completly different. It´s one drawing, A2 size. Elvis was cut out some months ago and the triptyk idea is long gone. I´m curious to see it produced and hopefully it will happen this year (fall), and then I will show the final result!
Sunday, 6 March 2011
Thursday, 3 March 2011
Wednesday, 2 March 2011
1. You need a bunch of post-it paper, atleast 12.
2. Put 4 paper like the picture shows and draw something in the middle.
3. Put another 4 paper above your first 4 and draw the same thing as on the papers underneath (it´s possible to see throught the post-it paper.) repeat until you have atleast three layers of paper.
4. Put the extra layers of paper to the side and continue on your original 4 paper, move the two papers from the left side to the right.
5. Your image will now look like this.
6. Draw something more in the middle of the "new compostion". Put on your extra layers again and draw the same thing on them.
8. Put the layers beside eachother and to see how your pattern looks.
I have been giving some pattern workshops the last weeks and will give some more the upcoming, so as a service for my students I´m posting a tutorial. This first one is how to make a pattern that are repeating itself in a straight row, next will be repeating diagonal.